Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Sisters..

It is amazing how our point of view can change by just a few words, how our emotions can go from raging to calm with just a simple act. It is also possible that we may be the one person, the only person that is able to bring this calming about and yet, never realize it.

"A friend is an angel who lifts us off our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

I have the worlds greatest friends. They are the ones that I go to when I need a smile, a laugh and a shoulder to cry on, with an ear to listen.. they can brighten my day with the sound of their laughs and the brightness of their smiles. They are able to bring me to a calm without having to say a word. They are amazing listeners and even better soothers. They will kick me back to reality when I need more than a kind word because they tell me what I need to hear, even though it isn't always what I want hear. Yet, when I need that kind word, they are always there to give it.

"A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have."

I have very few, true friends and I have made it a point to keep it that way. There are many, very dear people to me. People that I truly love and care about, but that I won't let all the way in. This is one reason that these few friends are so dear to me.

"If you live to be one hundred, I'd want to live to be one hundred minus one day, so I'd never have to live a day without you." Winnie the Pooh

There are 5, I can say without a doubt that I could not live without. If I lived my life without them, it would definitely be more dreary. Beverly, Jamie, Katie, Reina and Tanya, there is not one of them that I would not do anything for. They have been there for me whenever I have called on them and I will always be for them. They are my lifelong friends.

"Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends."

St.John 15:13

How many in this world, besides our family, could we say this about? And sometimes, we wouldn't even say it for family.. as sad is that is. I am privileged to know each of these women and honored to call them my friends, no, more so than friends, they are my sisters.

"Best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us."